February 23, 2014

About My Carolina Classroom

"The first year is the worst," they say. "If you can survive your first year, you can survive anything." If I had a dollar for every time I've heard one of those statements, well, I'd still be broke - thanks to NC's teacher salary being ranked 48th in the nation.

I'm a Georgia-born, Florida-loving, North Carolina resident. I graduated from the University of Alabama with dual degrees in elementary and special education. At Alabama I found my passion for teaching, lifelong friends, the love of my life, and - most importantly - myself. I'm blessed to now be teaching at a wonderful public school in North Carolina where I have a great administration, supportive coworkers, and first class that has taught me just as much as I have taught them.

I'm just a first-year, second grade teacher trying to find my way in the "real world" and in the ever-changing realm of elementary education. I'd love for you to join me on my journey and in all of the tears and laughter that I encounter along the way!




1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your first year of teaching! Excited to follow this blog and follow your journey, and as a fellow Bama lover... Roll tide!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your input!