March 8, 2014

Exciting News & March Currently

Happy Saturday!

I'm spending my Saturday morning in bed with a warm cup of coffee and my MacBook - two of my favorite things after a long week!

I had a very exciting Friday afternoon after what felt like the longest week ever. I got called to the principal's office immediately following dismissal yesterday ("ooooooooh").  She told me that the "A-Team" (admin team and grade level chairs) are going to NYC in 2 weeks to attend a workshop at Teachers College at Columbia... then invited me to come!!! WHAT!!!! Apparently a spot opened up and I was the first choice as I am First Year Teacher of the Year.

I am SO EXCITED but slightly freaking out about it because I will be in NYC with all of my superiors...  in less than 2 weeks!

3 things I want to accomplish on my 3rd trip to NYC:
1. Eat Mr. Frosty (via Patty)
2. See Carrie Bradshaw's brownstone
3. MEET LUCY CALKINS AT TU!!

Whew... I cannot contain my excitement.

Now I'm linking up with Farley at Oh Boy Fourth Grade for Currently March, my first Currently!


Can you guess my secret question??

Have a great weekend! 

10 comments:

  1. How many weeks until spring break?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you on the blog hop -- cute design....is the 5 for weeks until testing?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully there is not major testing in NC for 2nd graders... 5 weeks until spring break!!!

      Delete
  3. I bet it is five weeks until Spring Break!

    What an exciting trip! Have fun!

    Andrea
    Reading Toward the Stars

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome blog! Loving your ideas! I'm also nominating you for a Liebster Award. Check out my blog for more information! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on being asked to go to NYC with your superiors? That is a great pat on the back. Enjoy yourself.
    Tammy

    Mrs. Flickinger's Butterfly Oasis

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your input!