March 21, 2014

Five for Friday: New York, NEW YORK!


1

Ah, St. Patrick's Day. Talk about being riled up. I tried to incorporate leprechauns and rainbows and gold and happiness into all of our daily routines, but we didn't do anything extraordinarily crazy. We have lost so much time due to snow days and we began end-of-year testing this week. Right now, we can let no time go wasted!


Rainbow words for Monday's word work



Student: "Why didn't any leprechauns visit our room or mess it up or anything?"
Me: "They're too short to get up the stairs."
Student: "Couldn't they have taken the elevator?!"

Sigh. 
We did take some fun pictures for the yearbook, though.

2

We finished our readers theater presentations this week. The kids loved it and have been begging for more! This week we talked about being directors and narrators. We also began talking about heroes, villains, and sidekicks. Next week we are doing morals. So excited about this fun unit! 


3

Last weekend I sold my first product on TPT, and a few more products have been purchased since! I am SO excited! I have officially made $0.90 - HA! 



Everyone has to start somewhere, right? Started from the bottom now we here....

4

Yesterday I had to prepare for my first full-day sub EVER! I am so OCD that I'm a little embarrassed about just how detailed my 5 pages of plans and instructions are... poor lady doesn't know what she is in for! I basically played good cop and bad cop all in one today as I told my students that they are to behave OR ELSE and then proceeded to leave a sweet note on the whiteboard saying I missed them.  

TODAY I am headed to NEW YORK CITY with some coworkers (all of my bosses) to attend The Reading and Writing Project's (by Lucy Calkins) 86th Saturday Reunion. I am SO hoping to meet the naked cowboy Lucy Calkins.  Follow me on Instagram (@mycarolinaclass) to join me on my NYC and Teachers College journey! In all honesty, I am super excited about the Saturday workshop... even more excited than I am about buying knockoff bags in Chinatown. 



Have a great weekend! See you on Instagram!

6 comments:

  1. AAAHH!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE New York!!!! You've got to hit Magnolia Bakery - if you're at the Rockefeller Center. I'll be checking your Instagram!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately I saw this AFTER we had been to Rockefeller Center. Oh well; I guess I'll have to go back! ;)

      Delete
  2. I love your blog and tried to join but it wouldn't let me! :( Just wanted to let you know so that you could check it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE how you have the backdrop set up for your reader's theatre reading. Great idea!

    -Sarah
    A Rocky Top Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have soooooooo much fun in NYC. I'm so jealous! :)
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have two things in common!!! I'm a NC teacher and I too just made my 1st .90 on TpT lol! Can't wait to follow your blog, I'm headed there now! Pls follow back when you have time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your input!