March 10, 2014

Liebster Award!

I am so flattered that Noelle at Giggles at Greene nominated me for the Liebster award! I just started blogging a few weeks ago, and I am so excited that my efforts are being noticed! Thanks Noelle!


liebster (German): valued, kindest, sweetheart, dearest, beloved, darling

The guidelines are as follows:
#1- Link back to the blog that nominated me.
#2- Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers.
#3- Answer the questions posted to me by my nominator.
#4- Share 11 random facts about me

My 11 questions from Noelle:
1.  When was the moment you knew you wanted to become a teacher?
I can't pinpoint the moment because I always knew! I changed my mind (and major) a few times along the way, but I always came back to teaching. It's what I'm made to do.
2. What curriculum do you follow for ELA and Math?
We are using Lucy Calkins for literacy and Investigations for math.
3.  If you could go back in time would you change anything? Why?
No. I am happy with the person I have become, and I wouldn't have become her if I didn't have all of my past experienes.
4. Do you work during the summer or take some time to relax?
As this is my first year teaching, it will be my first summer in the "real world." I plan to do a little of both. I'm going to tutor and travel!
5. What has been your favorite grade to teach? Why?
2nd!! I'm so lucky to be teaching my favorite grade. They are old enough to be independent, but still young enough to love me and each other. 
6. What's a typical weekend like in your house?
You can find me vegging out on my couch or out and about exploring my new city! On Sunday nights, my roommate and I always spend hours in front of the TV working on lesson plans... ugh.
7. If you could become a superhero, other than a teacher of course, which would you choose?
Catwoman. She's amazing.
8. What are some of your favorite blog topics to write about?
My strengths are organization, behavior management, and teaching literacy, so I plan to be blogging a lot about those things! 
9. What is your favorite Link Up?
I think Workshop Wednedays on Ideas By Jivey is my favorite so far!
10.  Which movie best describes you/your life?
I have no idea! My life is way too boring to be a movie. However, my all-time absolute favorite movies that I can watch on repeat are 500 Days of Summer and Grease.
11.  If you could meet anyone (living or non) who would it be? Why?
SUCH a tough question. Jackie O, Michael Jackson, or Carrie Bradshaw. (Yes, I know Carrie is a fictional character. Judge me.)

11 random facts about me:
1 - I hate watching movies. I can't sit still for that long. 
2 - My dream job, other than teaching, is to be an anchorwoman for a huge news network. :)
3 - I want to eventually teach in a hospital school to help hospital-bound children.
4 - I also would LOVE to open a dance studio!
5 - I have my own behavior modification chart to motivate myself to workout - HA!!
6 - I only sweat on half of my body due to a surgery that cut my nerves. 
7 - I'm embarrassed by the TV shows I watch: Bachelor, PLL, etc. 
8 - I moved to NC with my best friend, and we didn't know a single person in the state when we got here!
9 - Apparently I have a Southern accent after living in Alabama for 4 years. So far this year my students have told me that I sound like Paula Deen and a cowboy, y'all. 
10 - I am OCD about organization. 
11 - I have a MAJOR sweet tooth. It's a problem. 

And now... for the nominations!!
Amber from Party in Primary, Jennifer at Cupcakes & Curriculum, Nicole at Firstie Favorites, Sarah at The Wanderlust Teacher, and Stef and Colleen at Midnight in 2nd Grade...
I nominate you for the Liebster award! I love your blogs! 

Here are my questions for you:
1 - Why did you start blogging?
2 - What is your favorite thing about blogging?
3 - Which Linky is your favorite so far?
4 - What advice do you have for beginning teachers?
5 - What is your favorite part about teaching?
6 - What is your ultimate career goal?
7 - What hobbies do you have outside of teaching?
8 - If you could travel anywhere, right now, where would you go?
9 - What is your favorite restaurant?
10 - If your life could be a TV show, which show would you choose?
11 - What is your all-time favorite book?







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your input!