March 31, 2014

Must-Read Monday and Magic Tea

Well, I certainly have a case of the Mondays.

I'm curled up on the couch with my Macbook, Netflix, and a steaming cup of hot tea to hopefully cure the sickness that I feel coming on. The recipe for Magic Tea, as I call it, has been in my family for at least 4 generations. Russian Tea, as my grandmother calls it, was renamed Spice Tea by my mom. When I moved out and started making it for myself, I renamed it Magic Tea because it seems to magically fix me when I'm sick - seriously. 

One of my littles got me sick, I suppose... grrr.

Anyhow, I'm linking up with Amanda on this gorgeous Monday!

Must-Read Monday Linky

My kiddos and I are finishing up Sideways Stories from the Wayside School right now and they are still LOVING it. Although I am sure they would love to read the next Wayside book next, I already have our next read-aloud chosen. 

Lulu Walks the Dogs

All of my teammates have been RAVING about Lulu Walks the Dogs by Judith Viorst. The Scholastic representative recommended it to us at the book fair, and many of my coworkers bought it. Apparently, the kids (and teachers) are hanging on and loving every word.

I can't wait to read it! Have you read Lulu yet?


3 comments:

  1. I have never heard of "Lulu", but I will have to check it out. I'm sorry you are not feeling well. I have to ask...what's in that Magic Tea that cures you so quickly? Please share! :)

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tang mix, iced tea mix, sugar, ground cumin, and ground cinnamon. Works like magic - I'm all better today!! :)

      Delete
  2. I saw that in Barnes and Noble the other day and almost bought it. I just got a bunch of books recently so I had to hold back! I hear it is a very good book as well. There is another book with Lulu called Lulu and the Brontosaurus! It was on sale on Scholastic when I checked this past week.

    ~Susan
    Adventures in 4th Grade

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your input!