March 18, 2014

Must-Read Monday: Read-Alouds

I know I'm a day late, but I couldn't pass up on one of my favorite linky parties just because it is a Tuesday!


Must-Read Monday Linky

My favorite books to read for read-alouds are Junie B. books. I know; They're classic and maybe a little overdone, but I love them! My kids think they are hilarious, I think they are hilarious, and many of the books coincide with holidays. It's a win-win-WIN!


Amazon

Right now, I am reading aloud Sideways Stories from Wayside School by Louis Sachar. The Wayside School books were a favorite of mine when I was a kid, so I wanted to share that love with my students. We just started yesterday and are already 3 stories in because the kids kept begging for more. I had to stop multiple times because I couldn't stop laughing ("Grow UP," I tell myself). It is PERFECT for a read-aloud for creative, curious kiddos.


Amazon

Next up on my read-aloud queue list (which grows every day) is A Snicker of Magic by Natalie Lloyd. It was HIGHLY recommended to us by the Scholastic representative at our book fair last week. Naturally, I had to buy it because I am dying to know what happens to share with my students. It is recommended for 4th - 6th grade students so of course I have to read it first to see if it will be appropriate for my high-level 2nd graders. I think there may be a little side story about a romance... Oh well. If that's the case, I'll just keep it for myself!


Amazon

I'll be reading A Snicker of Magic on my plane trips to and from NYC this weekend and will let you know what I think.

What are your favorite chapter books for read-alouds? Maybe I can squeeze them in before the end of the year!!


1 comment:

  1. My kinders loved listening it the Magic Treehouse series!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your input!