March 17, 2014

Sunshine Award & Nominations

Thank you to Katie from Teaching Voracious Learners for nominating me for a Sunshine Blogger Award! You definitely brought a smile to my face and I am flattered!

I just posted 11 facts about me last week on my Liebster post... so I'm going to skip that step!

Here are my questions from Katie:
1. If it was your birthday and you could do ANYTHING you want, what would it be?
Go somewhere I've never been... one of the wonders of the world, maybe.
2. What’s your #1 favorite book? 
Such a hard question... The Giving Tree is my favorite children's book. ONE of my favorite adult books is Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult. 
3. If you could play any sport, what could it be?
For some strange reason, I've always wanted to play field hockey or soccer.
4. Could you not watch TV for one month?
Definitely - as long as it's not football season. 
5. Who is your biggest role model in life?
My mom... I respect her beyond measure.
6. What are your nicknames? 
Everyone in college called me by my first initial and last name. I loved it because I had always wanted a nickname, and that one happened on accident! 
7. What did you want to do with your life when you were 7? 
I wanted to be a teacher. 
8. If you could have ANY superpower, what would it be?
Ability to teleport.
9. If you had to wear pants or a dress for the rest of your life, which would you choose?
A dress - pants are too binding to wear 24/7.
10. Why do you think there are SO many women teacher bloggers but not a lot of men?
The same reason that there are SO many more female teachers than male teachers in elementary schools. Plus - women are better at multitasking!! ;)
11. What or who made you want to teach or work with children?
I don't even know - It's just what I've always wanted. 
* * *
My nominations:
(I don't have 11, but I do have 5 very good ones, in no particular order!)
Christy at Crayons and Whimsy

I love all of your blogs! Thank you for spreading sunshine!

My 11 questions for you:
If you could visit any place in the world, where would you go?
What is your absolute favorite book (that I should read next)?
Why did you start blogging?
What is your favorite part about blogging?
What advice do you have for new bloggers?
Do you hate packing your lunch as much as I do?
What is your favorite part about working with kids?
What is your favorite weekend activity?
Which social media site is your favorite?
What is one thing about you that people are surprised by?
If you could go back in time, would you?


1 comment:

  1. Kristen,

    It was great getting to know you better! Connected more to the post above this, but I LOVE Junie B books! It made me smile reading how you use them in your classroom.


    Teaching Voracious Learners


Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your input!