March 14, 2014

TGICF... Five for Friday

Thank God it's casual Friday... Happy Five for Friday!


I have THREE additional teachers in my room now for our "Academic Intervention and Enrichment" time. (I'm SO LUCKY!!) I host "Reading Boot Camp" in my room for all the low, low 2nd grade babies. They have a BLAST because all we do is play games! Because I have so many teachers in my room to run groups, the STUFF was just taking over. I had to take control!



I invested in some more bins, and my turn-in table can breathe again!


We are working on Readers' Theater this week in reading. I cannot WAIT to see the performances! The kiddos have been working hard perfecting their voices and facial expressions - two very important parts to successful storytelling. 

I'll let you know how it goes!


Our class won a school-wide behavior competition, so we earned an in-school field trip! Bricks 4 Kidz came and took over my room for 2 hours. It was awesome!! The students got to build working catapults out of Legos, then shot projectiles at makeshift "castles." We all had a blast.


We also filled up our compliment jar recently, so we had a popcorn and Magic School Bus party. I thought popcorn was a fun / cheap / easy idea... until I spent my entire planning period popping popcorn!! Oh well... the kids loved it. 


This week, my team had planning in the morning instead of our usual afternoon time. We decided to make an event out of it and bring breakfast foods! It was fun and we actually got everything accomplished that we needed to get accomplished (which NEVER happens). I am SO lucky and forever grateful to have such an amazing team. I cannot believe we only have one quarter left!!!

6 -- *BONUS*

Juan Pablo, thanks for keeping me laughing all week. 

* * * *

Enjoy your weekend! My mom is visiting for the night, then I'm off to meet my man in a town halfway between our two cities. Can't wait!! 


  1. Congrats on winning the behavior contest! And Readers Theater! Wow - this sounds horrible but I had forrgptten about that totally! Thanks for the reminder!


    Teaching Voracious Learners

    1. Thank you! They LOVED performing at "The Readers' Theater" today... it was wonderful! :)

  2. Hi again Kristin!

    I just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for a Sunshine Blogger Award! I find you blog amazing and I love reading your Five for Friday posts! I just wanted to spread some sunshine, so I nominated you!

    Head over to my blog for details.

    Teaching Voracious Learners


Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your input!