May 2, 2014

Five for Friday: 26 days

Happy, HaPPy, HAPPY Friday! 
I have 26 days left until I am done with my first year. TWENTY SIX! I can't believe it... I've almost made it!!

This is how I am feeling right now:

Hi, my name is Kristin and I am addicted to TPT. 

I have really gotten into creating and selling! My store isn't very well-stocked yet, but please do check it out! I have a couple good freebies you can grab and a brand-spankin-new Mothers' Day project that I am very proud of.

I can't wait until I have more time to create this summer!

We have been testing ALL WEEK LONG and I am SO OVER IT.

I made a simple table to keep track of my students' growth and even the data agrees...

NO NO NO! Just no.

Drumroll please...

I have some exciting news!

I have decided to start my own linky party called Tuesday Timesavers because I am ALL ABOUT multitasking, saving time, and being efficient. You all know that we could work 24/7 and still not keep up with it all, so I love when teachers share ideas that help me save some of my precious time. 

Pretty please come back on Tuesday and join me for my first Tuesday Timesavers linky party! 

Lastly, thank you to sweet Abbey from Tipton's Tales for nominating me for a Liebster award! You can see my full Liebster post here

However, I will answer Abbey's questions:

1. How often do you blog? I have found that the end of the year is CRAZY! I'm doing good if I get a two posts done a week. 
2. Do any other teachers at your school blog?  Not that I know of. 
3. Did you always know you would be a teacher?  Absolutely, yes, although I tried to change my mind a few times along the way.
4. Do you have any pets? Any pets in the classroom? No and no.
5. What's your favorite way to release stress? Exercise!
6. What's your biggest pet peeve as a teacher? Lack of respect from education outsiders.
7. What's your favorite part of the job? Making a difference every day!
8. When would you prefer to have your break in the day, and why? Early? Late? Later, I think. I like getting everything done in the mornings before the kids get too tired. 
9. What do you do on the weekends? Travel to see family or my boyfriend OR absolutely nothing (relaxing)!
10. What's your favorite sports team? Alabama Crimson Tide
11. How many teachers are at your school in each grade? Do you like it this way, or would you rather have more? Or less?  6 - I'm fine with it!

Have a great weekend. As always, you deserve it. XO


  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

  2. I'm your newest follower! And from the look of your NC heart... I think you're not to far from me. I'm a 4th year second grade teacher! It's the best :) I'm going to link up on Tuesday if I have time!

  3. After seeing that you have 26 days left, I had to count mine. I have 24 left in my first year teaching! I can not believe it! I also am a NC teacher, but in 4th grade. Very soon we can say we made it through the first year. I want to create over the summer too!

    1. CANNOT believe our first year is already almost over!

  4. I would love to join you for a timesaver Tuesday! What an awesome idea! Are you on Instagram? It's a great way to get the word out! I'm on Instagram as "afirstforeverything" and I'd be happy to spread the word for you, if you'd like? Best of luck!

    1. Yay! I follow you on IG... See ya Tuesday! :)

  5. I'll join your Tuesday Timesaver link up! :) Excited. And I know how you feel about TpT...I'm addicted as well and have only a few items in my store. :/ gotta work on that.


Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your input!