May 9, 2014

Five for Friday


Happy Friday, y'all.


On Monday, second grade went to the ZOO! It was HOT and it was a blast!




We "earned our wings" after completing Nicole Swisher's Elapsed Time at the Airport activity. After the littles all successfully completed the activity, I gave them some yellow construction paper to make their own wing badges. They loved it... Super cute!



In social studies, we have been learning about timelines and putting events in chronological order. We made a timeline of our time in second grade to practice our timeline-making skills. Some pretty humorous events ended up on our timeline of important second grade events...


... I'm still rolling my eyes.


Second grade starred in the spring program last night. They did a short version of the show Rats! They were SO STINKIN' CUTE in their costumes!!! I wish I could show you a class picture, but this will have to do. 



So, the time has come. I am going to cave, I admit my weakness, and I give in.

I'm going to buy a laminator. For home. I just can't go on without it.

Help me out! Which kind should I get?!?
Have a fab weekend. See you on Instagram @mycarolinaclass!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE my Purple Cows laminator! I got it at Costco for $20, and it's the BEST! I ended up buying one to keep at school too. It works with Scotch pouches as well, so you don't have to special order anything.

    Love the time activity you did! I may have to borrow that for a review for my littles! The timeline activity looks like a blast too!

    Have a great weekend!
    Emily
    Munchkins Inc

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOODNESS, you got to touch a giraffe?!?!?!?! I'm so jealous of that!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the laminator you have in the picture. Actually we have two in our pod office going at all times. I HEART giraffes!!!!
    Looks like you had a fun time at the zoo!!!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your input!