June 7, 2014

Five for... Saturday?

Hi bloggy friends! It's been a while. Things have been CRAZY for the past few weeks as we wrap up the school year. I'm happy to be back in the blogger world and to link up with Doodle Bugs for one of my favorite linky parties!

My week started out GREAT because apparently I had the best sub ever last Friday when I was out for my brother's graduation. My room was clean, my kids had a blast, she dealt with technical difficulties, AND she cut out all of my laminated stuff for me!!! What a sweetheart!

I just redid my library with some new baskets and new labels. Click on the picture to grab the green chevron labels for free. I have to have mine sorted by guided reading level. Let me know if you have any requests! 

On Monday we had career day. It was great! All morning we went to different classrooms to hear different speakers. We got to hear from a basketball team manager, a police officer, a librarian, a pharmacist, an attorney, a sports announcer, and more.

I had to deal with a serious lack of sleep this week after staying up way too late a few nights trying to figure out iMovie 10.0.3. I'm not an iMovie rookie, but this new version had me confused. I was worried I wouldn't have the slideshow ready for Friday, but I did! 

We had a little extra time this week so I had my littles create their own "scoot" cards. I told them it could be anything we have learned in math this year. I was impressed with the outcome and they loved having some ownership in the activity!

We had our end-of-year awards ceremony and classroom party yesterday. The school is out of red butcher paper - ugh - so my kids got to walk the "Gator Green Carpet" since our mascot is the gator. It was a blast and included ice cream, presents, a lot of laughter and a lot of tears!

I can't believe my first year is practically over. I'm going to miss my babies!

I'm going to miss their parents, too! ;)

Have a great weekend, those of you who haven't made it to summer yet. 
Our last day is Tuesday. ALMOST THERE!


  1. Congratulations on finishing your first year! May you have many more! Don't you love having a sub that actually does a great job and does extra! Those kind of subs are hard to find! You need to keep her on speed dial!
    Teachers Are Terrific!

  2. Congrats on finishing your first year! I love your idea of having the kiddos create their own scoot cards - I think I'll be doing that next week! And you seriously got a Michael Kors wallet?????? SWEET! I'm a NC teacher too - I teach 2nd grade in Kannapolis.

    Grasty's 2nd Grade Goodies

    1. I know... I'm so lucky!! I'm in Charlotte. We are so close!!

  3. Wow, I love coming back to a clean room after being out. Plus she cut out your laminating, keep this sub around! I love your little cuties in their career costumes, and I LOVE the make-your-own-scoot! I'll be doing this next week with my second graders!

    Sally from Elementary Matters

  4. Congrats on finishing your first year!! Those kiddos were lucky to have you! Happy almost summer :)


Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your input!