June 8, 2014

Sunday Smorgasbord

I'm joining Michelle at Fabulous in First for the summer Sunday Smorgasbord linky party!


Here are a few things that are on my mind:

  ONE 

I have decided that I am taking the GRE this summer and I am going back to school next summer to get my masters degree from my alma mater (roll tide) via a distance learning program. Do you have any GRE tips or advice?

Everyone knows that teachers make little money and that degrees are expensive, so I'm already stressing about how I'm going to pay for it without going into debt.
(I don't do that whole debt thing; I refuse.) 

I have decided that all of my TPT profit is going directly towards my graduate tuition.
I'm so excited about this, and I can't wait to create new products all summer to maximize my income! Please follow me on TPT to show your support.


 TWO 

I have spent a lot of time in 2014 getting back into shape. Here is the teacher in me: I created short-term and long-term behavior plans for myself... and I am a little embarrassed about how well it is working. My long-term reward is a new pair of tennis shoes after I have completed my 100th workout of 2014. I only have 14 workouts to go (so hopefully 14 days) until I can order some custom Nikes that I have been working on!! I'm so excited.

This is just one of the many options that I have created. 

 THREE 

One of my favorite things about summer is that I have time to READ! I have actually done pretty well with my pleasure reading throughout this school year, due to the fact that I joined a book club, which forces me to make time to read, and I am in a long distance relationship, which leaves me with plenty of lonely time to read. Still, I know that I will have an easier time finding time to read during the summer!

Here are some books I have read recently:


         

Currently Reading:

           

Next on the list:

                   


Have you read any of these books? Thoughts?
What else should I read this summer?

*      *      *      *

I loved sharing my smorgasbord with you. Join in on the fun at Fabulous in First!


4 comments:

  1. Love those Nikes! My Nike Free 7.0 are my most favorite shoes and are almost completely worn out. Also what a great plan for your workouts and student loans! Aren't you loving A Snicker of Magic!!! I read it to my kiddos at the end of the year we LOVED it. I am going to reread it this summer! I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never owned any Frees... but I'm excited! I started a Snicker of Magic a few weeks ago to pre-read before I read it to my class. Oops, too late now! Maybe next year.

      Delete
  2. I'm finishing up my grad school program while teaching, it's a ton of work but totally worth it! I'll have an M.Ed Reading by December :) Good luck with taking the GRE! {I also might have to borrow your workout incentives!}
    -Christa
    Learnin' Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great that you set behaviour plans and stuck to it! I've been meaning to read The Goldfinch - I've heard lots of good things about it. Let us know what you though after you've read it!
    Growing Little Learners

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your input!