August 12, 2014

Meet the Teacher Linky




Hey y'all! I'm Kristin. I grew up in Atlanta, GA then moved to sweet home Alabama for college. After graduating from The University of Alabama in 2013, I moved to Charlotte, NC for a new adventure. I am about to enter my second year of teaching 2nd grade - my favorite grade! 



 THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS...

Tervis Tumblers. Alabama football. Football season in general. Maps, new and old. Bodies of water. Views from airplanes. Friends that have become my sisters. My wonderful boyfriend (I know you're reading this; #sappy). The Bobby Bones Show (basically my other boyfriend). Saturday mornings. Mindless TV shows. Snail mail. Girl Scout cookie coffee creamer - yum!!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

 IF YOU WEREN'T A TEACHER, WHAT WOULD YOU WANT TO BE?

An anchorwoman! I started college as a communications major, but switched to education after a semester. Teaching has always been "what I want to be when I grow up." My ultimate goal is to be a teacher in a hospital school to work with long-term patients. 



THREE LITTLE WORDS THAT DESCRIBE YOU.

Perfectionist. Loyal. Wanderlusting!

(Yes I made that last word up.)
 
FINISH THE SENTENCE, "________,  SAID NO TEACHER EVER!!"

"The respect and salary I receive matches and reflects the work that I do," SAID NO TEACHER EVER!!

Q: IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY AND YOU CAN INVITE ANYONE {DEAD OR ALIVE} TO THE PARTY. WHO ARE YOU INVITING?

In addition to friends and family... 
Sophia Bush, Nick Saban, the cast of Modern Family, and the Backstreet Boys.





Q: IF SOMEONE WROTE A BOOK ABOUT YOUR LIFE, WHAT WOULD BE THE TITLE?

 ἀγάπη

 Q:YOU GET TO PICK ONE SUPERPOWER. WHAT IS IT?

 Teleporting. Absolutely.

Q: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE QUOTE OR SAYING?


Q: IF YOU HAD TO SING ONE SONG ON AMERICAN IDOL, WHAT WOULD IT BE? 

 "The Way You Make Me Feel" by Michael Jackson. It wouldn't be pretty, but I would love every second of it, and I'd probably incorporate some improvised rap.

 Q: ARE YOU A MORNING PERSON OR A NIGHT OWL?

I'd say I'm a night owl. However, I'm one of those people that can't function without 8 hours of sleep, so I go to bed at grandma o'clock on weeknights. 

Q: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE RESOURCE THAT YOU'VE CREATED IN YOUR TPT SHOP?



Q: SHARE SOMETHING WE MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT YOU! 

I'm a cancer survivor, so that's my go-to cause. I was on the executive board of my school's Relay for Life in college and I love to find ways to give back. My history is the reason I want to be a hospital-based teacher! :)


I can't wait to "meet" all of you! xo

12 comments:

  1. Who doesn't love tervis tumblers and bobby bones?! It's amazing that you're a cancer survivor and it's very touching that you'd want to be a hospital teacher! Love your post!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I love Bobby and Amy and Eddie and sometimes Lunchbox... ha! I tried to visit them when I went to Nashville a few weeks ago but they were on vacation. :( Thanks for coming by!

      Delete
  2. Hi Kristin! :) I found your blog on Falling Into First, Meet the Teacher link up. I'm also a football season lover! It's right around the corner, I can't wait! It truly is amazing that you're a cancer survivor and want to give back as much as you can. I lost my grandfather to cancer two years ago, and I was very close to him. I try to do as much as I can for the American Cancer Society as well. Best of luck with everything! :)

    Anna
    Kinder Tykes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all of your ACS support! Some of the things they do are really amazing.

      16 days til college football and 22 til NFL!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  3. Wow that is amazing that you are a cancer survivor, you go girl!!! I loved your favorite quote, definitely a great pick-me-up whenever you're having a bad day. I've always thought that being a hospital teacher would be such a rewarding job and would always keep you thankful for the health and blessings that you have. I really enjoyed reading your post, although I've gotta end with a big WAR EAGLE lol can't wait for football season to start up, not too much longer. ;)
    Emily
    Love and the Librarian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for all of your kind words! I found that quote on Pinterest and have loved it for years. 16 days until college football kickoff... but get those words (I won't repeat them) outta here! ;)

      Delete
  4. That is amazing that you are a cancer survivor! I love the quote you posted- great reminder when I am having a tough day. I am also heading into my 2nd year. I agree with you, 2nd grade is wonderful!

    Allie
    http://thepositiveteacher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Allie!! 2nd is the best. Good luck with your second year! :)

      Delete
  5. Love this post!!! That's such a fantastic quote, I might have to borrow it for a painting one day!.. We have matching superpowers, although I put mine as apparating because I'm a Harry Potter nerd! HA! Have a great year!!!
    Noelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tanks Noelle!! I use "teleport" and "apparate" interchangeably - ha!

      Delete
  6. Hi Friend!
    OMG your quote gave me chills. I love it! I'm going to write it down and look at it EVERY DAY! Thank you! I hope you have a lovely back to school.
    Courtney
    Ramona Recommends

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your input!