September 5, 2014

Friday Night Lights

It's my Friday and I'll watch Netflix all night if I want to.

And I do. In honor of the beginning of football season, I will be binge-watching The League and Friday Night Lights. (I love you, Coach Taylor.)

I've already finished my bedtime routine. Yep, you read that right. Its 5:30 and I'm in my pajamas. No shame.



It's been a hard week.

For a short week, it sure was LONG!
My new second grade babies had to do CogAT testing this week. On Wednesday, I got a new student 5 minutes before CogAT started. On Thursday, I got another new student 5 minutes before CogAT started. Let's just say it's amazing how one student can change the whole dynamic of the class. 

ALSO!
We have had 9 days of school and have been testing for 7 of them. And we will be testing next week. How RIDICULOUS that is and how SAD I am for these 7-year-olds. Better yet, we get to begin more state-mandated testing next week. Odd, I thought my title was TEACHer. I seriously won't have time to teach anything until October.

What'd you say, people who make education laws? I can't hear you from my soap box. 




Now that I know my kids, I had to rearrange my desks! Whoever came up with using color-coded sticky notes in a manila folder to create and change seating charts, you are brilliant and I love you. I just tried this for the first time and I love it!




We got our writing folders ready this week. You can check out this popular post from last year about how I motivate my writers.



I taught my kids how to SCOOT this week. They loved it and they did such a great job. That means we should be scooting all year long! I really have a good group, for the most part.  





Again, it's just been such a long week.

Don't worry, I'm sure I'll be back soon with my fitting GIFs and terribly bad jokes. ;)

8 comments:

  1. Sorry you have had one of those weeks. Testing is so hard on everyone and I am sure getting new students made it even more challenging. So much testing for 2nd graders. Watching Netflix is a great way to wind down from the week. I am currently watching FRIENDS. Enjoy your weekend and I hope next week is better for you!

    Allie
    http://thepositiveteacher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Testing is awful and I'm sure it is even harder when you are trying to get a new student settled in the middle of it all. Hang in there! Have an awesome weekend.
    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement! I'm trying to hang!

      Delete
  3. I love fitting GIFs and terribly bad jokes! Thankfully my school did away with CogAT. We DO start NWEA testing in two weeks.
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha - they will be back. ;)
      We start NWEA next week (MAP). Yuck! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. Testing is terrible! This week my school gives the CogAT, my class has MAP testing and we have to start Dibels/Reading 3D. I am not looking forward to it at all. I love the file folder seating chart! It's a fantastic idea! I will have to try it next time. I hope you have a great week this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must be in NC too. We start Reading 3D and MAP this week also. Wahhhh! :( Thanks for coming by!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your input!