October 24, 2014

Five for Friday: Clever Title

Yep, I'm way too exhausted to come up with a clever title right now, so "Clever Title" is the best you are getting from me today. 

I'm never too sleepy to link up with my favorite, Kacey, for my favorite linky party!

 I had 25 parent-teacher conferences in 8 days, all held before or after school hours. I had my last meeting yesterday. I am DONE with conferences for the year! 

We finished our second reading unit, Tackling Trouble, this week. It's my favorite and the kids love it too because we talk about football for weeks on end! I'll be blogging about the unit soon. 

Last night my teammates and I went to the movies and we invited all 2nd grade families to join us. It was a great turn out! We went to see Alexander and the Blah Blah I Can't Ever Remember Bad Day because we have been reading the book in class. It was a CUTE movie!

October has been great because I paid $25 (donated to Komen) to wear jeans all month AND we have been doing lots of fun pink stuff! Our school ended up donating over $1000 to one of our students' mom's Komen team, all to wear jeans to work. Isn't that incredible?!

I've been working on report cards like

Have a great weekend. XOXO


  1. Funny what we will do to be able to wear jeans to work! What a wonderful way to raise money for a great cause!
    Mrs. Spriggs’ Kindergarten Pond

  2. I'm gearing up for 17 conferences in two nights this upcoming week! The rest are being pieced in. And I love the idea of paying $25 to wear jeans to school for a month... though I'd pay $100 to wear pjs! See you around! Kathleen
    Kidpeople Classroom

  3. That's so great that you raised that much for such a great cause!! And what a fun idea with all the pink goodies! Those "mammo-grahams" are so cute!! Good luck with report cards! Ours are due next Friday, and I haven't even started one! Have a great rest of the week in your jeans!

    Thrills in Third Grade


Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your input!