October 8, 2014

What the Teacher Bought (and Then Wore)


An outlet mall recently opened five minutes away from my house. FIVE MINUTES, if even.
It has been the worst and best thing that has ever happened to me. 


So I'm having a hard time staying away from J.Crew. 

I bought the black version of the skirt that I already have in camel, and the kids version of the herringbone vest I have been ogling. Obsessed. 


One of my good friends introduced me to Old Navy's Pixie Pants. OH MY GOODNESS. Pixies must be short because these skinny slacks fit me perfectly without ANY hemming! Naturally I bought 6 pairs and I am IN LOVE. 


They are so cute, flattering, and - most importantly - comfortable. 

Obviously I had to pair polka dots with hot pink:


And my bright red pants with more polka dots:


I got to pay $25 to wear jeans every day in October. Say WHAT! All of the money goes to Susan G. Komen - and you know how I feel about cancer - so it's for a good cause. It's a win-win, truly. 

Yesterday I wore my new Michael Kors jeans (in love) and one of my many tops from The Pants Store. I know what you're thinking: Teachers can't afford MK jeans! My answer to you: YES THEY CAN IF THEY BUY THEM FROM MARSHALL'S FOR ONLY $30!!!!


So long sandal season and my sanity.


9 comments:

  1. Your outfits are so stankin' cute! Okay so I have to ask...where did the Tory flats come from??? If you're anything like me, you didn't pay full price!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One pair is from Nordstrom Rack and the other pair I bought new in box on eBay. :)

      Delete
  2. Love all of your outfits! I have not checked out the new outlets yet - I am loving your finds. I have those exact same polka dot pixies and wore them for the first time this week with a hot pink top and my Tory's as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so close to me!! It's so dangerous!! ;)

      Delete
  3. You have convinced me! I am going to Old Navy this weekend and trying on the Pixie pants!!! The no-hemming part has me completel sold, and polka-dot pants! How perfect! I absolutely LOVE how you styled everything! Those MK jeans are amazing!!!
    Thank you SO much for linking up!
    Chandra
    Teaching with Crayons and Curls

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your Pixie pants! I am the exact same way about things I love: buy in every color!

    Ok... I'm going to sound like a super creeper, but I think you live super close to me! If so, I will be so excited!! I have been dying to meet other teacher bloggers! :) I live just an hour south of Charlotte, and judging from your banner, you are there!

    Chelsey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I live in South Charlotte! I drive through Spartanburg every time I drive to Atlanta. :))

      Delete
  5. Loved this post! Cute and hysterical :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your input!