November 1, 2014

Currently November

I am in my bed at 11:00 on a Saturday night, and that's exactly where I want to be. 
LOVE IT. Especially after a long night last night! 

I can't believe I am actually linking up to this month's currently on time. I also can't believe that it is already NOVEMBER!

Thanks Farley, as always, for the fun linky party.


All of the interesting football games of the day are over now, in my opinion, so now I have the Notre Dame game on as background noise. My Alabama Crimson Tide had a bye week this week but there were still some great games on today! 


I'm so excited that I get an extra hour of sleep tonight!! However, I'm not thrilled about the sun setting at 6:00pm. I'm just staying positive and relishing my extra hour of rest tonight. :)


The secret's out:  A few Instagram teacher friends of mine and I are planning a meetup for NC teacher bloggers. It's about time, right?? If you are a North Carolina teacher blogger or close enough to make the drive, make sure you follow me on Instagram @mycarolinaclass so you don't miss out! I cannot wait to meet all of you!


It's finally chilly in the Carolinas!

I could really go for some rich hot chocolate right now. With marshmallows. And maybe definitely a candy cane to stir with. 

I'm adding all of that to my Publix list for tomorrow's grocery trip. 


Y'all. My place is a disaster.

I was out of town last weekend. Then this week at school was crazy and my social life was a little out of control as well, therefore my place is a MESS. I'm ashamed. Tomorrow I am really going to have the Sunday night blues because I'll be spending my Sunday night cleaning and organizing. 


I just finished The One and Only by Emily Giffin and am currently reading Love Does by Bob Goff. In my opinion, The One and Only wasn't Giffin's best work. I'm a football fanatic yet I still wasn't a fan of the football-themed book.  I can't wait to hop around to the other currently posts to find some good new book suggestions!

Thanks for stopping by! xoxo


  1. I found your blog on the Currently linky party and is following it. I love ESPN commentary myself and love the college football games. I love that book. I recently read it and it is very inspiring for me on all points.
    Jasmine H.
    The Dots of Teaching

    1. I've heard great things about the book, but I'm not very far into it. :)

  2. SO excited about extra sleep...and also, I cleaned my house today {SHOCKER!}. Wish I could come help you! It would probably be more fun that way. Hot chocolate sounds lovely, especially in North Carolina. Can I move there!?!? Have a fantastic week, friend!

    Creativity to the Core

    1. As I ALWAYS tell you, please move to North Carolina for the sake of your happiness and mine. ;)

    2. Meredith, my fellow Florida friend.....ROAD TRIP!!!! :) :)

  3. One.Whole.Extra.Hour -- this might just be my favorite day of the whole entire year! As for the whole cleaning my house thing...yea, that's been on my to do list for awhile now ;) I have never read that book before, but I added it to my list of books to read!! Have a great month of November.

    Living the First Grade Dream

    1. I wish a my measly beginning teacher budget would allow for a housekeeper!! ;)

  4. Hi Kristin! Followed you here from Farley's Currently. I'm not liking the O'Dark Thirty either but as far as the cold, here in California, we are having a little blip with Cold weather and much need rain before another heat wave hits. If you read my blog you'll see I am facing a sink full of dishes not to mention the laundry, etc. I'm right there with you sister. Enjoy your Hot Chocolate, and I'll continue with my Iced Lattes a little longer.
    First Grade by the Sea

  5. Gaining an hour in the fall must be a special gift for teachers. It's the most wonderful time of the year! Of course, this year I have 4 month old who doesn't understand the concept. I'm not banking on that time. Sigh. Enjoy your NC teacher meetup! Sounds like fun. :) I'm a new follower, I found you through Farley's link up.

    Caffeine and Lesson Plans

  6. Love that we gain an extra hour of sleep this weekend! I am currently needing a house keeper too - figuring out how to keep a clean house, be a teacher, and have a life is one tough task!

  7. I LOVE your "Currently November" post! That is such an awesome idea. I may have to borrow that! How cute! Thank you for the kind words about my blog! I am your newest follower! Keep blogging! :)

  8. I've heard fabulous reviews about Love Does! Several of my friends have mentioned that I need to read it so I will definitely be adding it to my Amazon wishlist. AND I'm with you on the extra hour of sleep! It was amazing. Now to just get used to it getting dark so early. :)

    Excited to follow your blog from now on!

    Field Trips and Paper Clips

  9. I'm getting my football fix in now! I love football Sundays :) But it is distracting me from all the cleaning and lesson planning I need to do! Maybe a peppermint hot chocolate is just what I need to motivate myself as well!

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend! I hope you get your hot chocolate!

    Tasha Emmerson
    Confessions of a Tiny Teacher

  10. If I was rich I'd so be flying out to NC for that meet-up! Have a great time!

    Terrific Teaching and Learning

  11. I guess Florida is a little too far to be considered a "close drive" for a meet up!! However....I will be visiting NC during winter break so I'll have to chat with you before then to see if we'll be nearby you!! :)
    -Elyse @ A is for Apples

  12. I LOVED the extra hour of sleep this morning! I need to clean my house after destroying it today… but even with the extra hour, it never happened! I was craving some hot cocoa today too because it was SNOWING!!! I was not prepared! I hope you have a wonderful November!

    Jillian Starr
    The Starr Spangled Planner


Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your input!