November 14, 2014

Five for Friday


I love linking up with Kacey every Friday!


One of my products was featured in the TPT newsletter this week!! It was the most exciting thing EVER! It was my first, but hopefully not my last. 

I didn't get my email until early Sunday morning, but I have some great bloggy friends (Meredith and Nicole) who filled me in on Saturday night!!


My email has been blowing up all week but I can't complain.  This is just the beginning of my journey with TPT. Thanks to everyone who has stuck around with me from the start!



Students and coworkers are loving my display of very odd turkeys. 

They are so stinkin' cute!! If you missed that post, you can find it here




Thank you for all of your kind words via blog comments, Instagram, and texts last week. The past few weeks have been difficult at our school.

However, we were given donuts on Monday morning.

Just for the record, donuts DO NUT fix anything. (See what I did there?)


Yes, I'm a little bitter.


We are wrapping up our character unit next week and my team is looking for a fun but easy culminating project. We did check Pinterest, but I thought I'd ask the best and brightest: YOU!

Any great ideas or favorite character projects?

Speaking of characters, I am reading this book to the class right now:


It is SO FUNNY. I have literally cried from laughing so hard at this book, which the kids get so tickled by. I often have to pause, take a deep breath, and collect myself before reading a funny part just so I can make it all the way through without ruining the story. 

LOVE IT.

One of my students from last year informed me that Barbara Park is an Alabama alumna. Roll tide, Barbara Park! No wonder Phillip Johnny Bob is an elephant! 


Speaking of Alabama... we have some great football ahead of us this weekend.

Today is Carolina Panthers Day at school. However, Carolina is playing Atlanta this weekend. Don't think that I'm not about to wear my Falcons shirt today instead of Panthers gear. 
Sue me.

ROLL TIDE and have a great weekend.


9 comments:

  1. Well, despite the whole Roll Tide thing- I hope you have a great weekend ;) While donuts didn't help, hopefully things will get 'sweeter' at school in the near future as well.

    Jennifer
    Teaching with Grace
    www.teachingwithgrace.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on getting featured in the newsletter!!! That's huge! That's what they told us at the conference... just keep submitting, don't give up, it'll happen. Sorry things are tough at your school right now. Never easy. Enjoy your football this weekend. I'm a Badger and Packer fan. My hubby is a Seahawks fan so we will be enjoying some football this weekend as well.
    Happy Friday!
    Joya :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Congratulations on your football wins this weekend. :)

      Delete
  3. What a fantastic surprise from TpT! Congratulations!! I love your little videos you've inserted. Ok, I've got to know about #3. My interest is piqued!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Morale is getting lower and lower around here, that's all. :( Thanks for coming by!

      Delete
  4. Roll Tide!!! Oh friend, (I feel as though you are a friend even though we haven't met), I left the state of NC after two years. I can ONLY imagine what is going on with your school...the stress that it was causing me (especially last year) was actually affecting my health. So I came back to Sweet Home Alabama to teach this year. I remember our staff being given muffins and bottles of water one morning...as if that would fix anything! Hoping thing get better for you and congrats on the TPT feature!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roll tide, friend!! (We are definitely friends now if we weren't already.) I am also going to be leaving NC after I complete this second year. I love living here but do hope that things will be better at work elsewhere. Thanks for your encouraging words!!

      Delete
  5. Congrats on the Newsletter! Hope you are still getting downloads and feedback! Roll Tide!
    Carol
    Teachers Are Terrific!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your input!