December 5, 2014

Five for Friday: Carrie Bradshaw Style


It's another happy { Five for } FRIDAY!

I'm happy to be on my couch with Chinese take-out right now. AND I'm writing so I'm feeling a little like Carrie Bradshaw right now.




Over Thanksgiving break, I finally had the opportunity to read Wonder. I enjoyed it. I wish all elementary books were equally as meaningful. I think it's a little too much for my second graders, but I do hope my students get to read it in the future! 



The reason I had plenty of time to actually read for pleasure is because I SPRAINED MY SHOULDER. Yeah, I didn't know it was possible either. I slipped on gravy in the cafeteria. I couldn't make that up if I tried. You're welcome for the laughs. 




I don't do a classroom elf. Maybe some day I will cave, but I'm just not interested. 

Instead, we are doing a mini Flat Stanley unit while reading Stanley's Christmas Adventure. Each student is taking Stanley home for one night only to have Stanley participate in a Christmas tradition and to write a letter to the class. The responses so far have completely blown me away and the kids are LOVING IT and much as I am!



We are studying matter in science. We've been doing lots of reading and math test prep so I decided we needed to have a little fun with science!! Basically we ate food leftover from our fall celebration and practiced identifying physical properties of matter. 

It was fun. The m&ms were my fave.

You can grab this activity here.



Connor is my brother. My students are obsessed with my brother. That's probably because one time we FaceTimed him instead of doing our reading lesson. (We were reading a book about siblings. It was totally justified.)

Connor responded via text message. He says that college is tiring (I don't wanna hear it) and that he loves his football team. 

Have a great weekend! I'll be watching the Tide roll!


1 comment:

  1. Oh, I'm not laughing about gravy... for me it was mustard! No fun. And hey, I just did a little resource on letter writing that might be of use to you. On post now. See you around. Kathleen
    Kidpeople Classroom

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your input!