January 10, 2015

Five for Fraturday: New Year


I apologize for being MIA, but I've been busy!

Christmas break had me like


and this week back at school had me like


so I had no time to blog. Really. 


CHRISTMAS BREAK

I spent my Christmas break traveling all over the Southeast to see friends and family and spending all of my free time catching up on my sleep or Gilmore Girls. 


I had every intention of doing some school work, to at least get planning done for the first week back, but I did nothing. 
Nada. 
Zilch. 

Not a thing.

It was great.


NEW YEAR, NEW ME

Just kidding! I like me. My only resolution is to make more time to read. 
In other words, books > Netflix sometimes. 


However, 2015 will be bringing some major changes! 

Stay tuned. 


This happened today!!!!


I loved meeting everyone so that we can be friends in real life now!!


I am terrible. We did a whole Flat Stanley Christmas project (blog post coming soon) and to wrap it up I promised my students that I'd take Stanley home with me. The plan was that I would return from winter break with pictures of Stanley and I on vacation, yada yada.

I'm ridiculous, I know.

WELL, I accidentally forgot him at school. I don't think Stanley's feelings were too hurt (nor were mine) but I knew that my kids would hold me to my promise. So instead of pictures of Stanley and I on vacation, I showed my students a slideshow of pictures of Stanley making himself at home at school since I left him there on accident. 


I wish I could go swimming in a pool of candy. 
Stanley's living the dream.


We started letter writing this week. It has been so much fun and I love how our writing program (Being a Writer) has organized the unit. Students' first assignment was to write a letter to the teacher explaining what could make our class better. 

Y'ALL. 
7-year-olds are SO FUNNY.


Then the kids had to write letters to each other. 
Watching their excitement reminded me why I do what I do. 


Enjoy your weekend!!!

3 comments:

  1. I love the idea of kids writing letters to each other in the same class! So totally doing that this year!

    Thanks for sharing!!
    Erin
    Learning to be awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. That letter from Riley is hilarious! I have a particularly exuberant, fun, and unique young lady in my class, too. I can't wait to hear what she'll say next. I'm a big Gilmore Girls fan. Over vacation, I watched lots of Biggest Loser on Hulu. I went back last week, but I need to take tomorrow off to stay home with my little one who isn't feeling well. Have a good week!
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! There is a TpT seller meetup at NoDa brewery coming up in February. Didn't see your blog on the list. If you want more info: carolinamrsblog@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your input!