February 13, 2015

Five for Friday: Valentine's Day!

I'm happy to be linking up with Kacey on this happy, happy FRIDAY!

(I have a work day which is why I am such a good mood...

...not that I need a reason to be in a good mood.)


We had our party yesterday since today is a work day. 

My Valentines for my students this year were super boring - and super practical. 

I was so impressed with the "mailboxes" that students brought in! 
Here are a few of my favorites:

My babies and their parents sure are SWEET! 


We are wrapping up a unit on measurement. I searched and searched for measurement tips anchor charts to no avail, so I came up with my own. I'm okay with it. 

I can't believe my bunting is stuck behind my anchor chart. Must fix ASAP.

Speaking of OCD...

I finally organized my stash of paper!! It's embarrassing how happy this makes me!

This is a big deal, y'all!! 

I have been reading like crazy due to my 2015 resolution. I been been missing Lorelei and Rory, but enjoying my reading time! I recently finished Girls in White Dresses, Wild, and Love Does. Next up is Mindy Kaling's book. 

Do you have any book suggestions!

My blogiversary is NEXT WEEK!
I cannot believe that I have been on this journey for the past year! 

Stay tuned here and on Instagram for more information.

Have a good weekend!


  1. I am loving your gifts to your students! They're so simple but completely fun! I bet they love them. Happy Friday and enjoy your Valentine's!

    Kelly Anne

  2. You have to read The Language of Flowers- it was a tear jerker for sure! I also finished Emily Giffin's The One and Only and loved it. I didn't even notice the bunting, and I'm type A+++!


  3. I love your blog! I'm a young NC teacher and a Georgia girl like yourself! I wanted to ask if you had any advice about starting a teaching blog? I've been on the fence about starting one for a while. I want to reach out and connect to other teachers in my area though! Keep up the great work!

    1. That's too funny that we have that in common! Thanks for your kind words! Feel free to email me at mycarolinaclassroom@gmail.com or DM me on Instagram. :)

  4. Hi Kristin, I am a fellow NC teacher as well. I teach 4th grade in Laurinburg. It's so nice to run across a fellow NC teacher's blog! I read Mindy's book which was hilarious, you must read Olivia Munn's Suck It, Wonder Woman! Have a great Sunday!

    ~Maria B (Infinity)

    1. I'm adding that book to my list! Thank you!!


Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your input!