May 9, 2015

Five for Fraturday: Teacher Tired


What a fun, but looooooooooong week.

I couldn't stay up long enough to go out to dinner and drinks with my friends last night.

I didn't even make it through Scandal on Thursday night! 

There is no tired like teacher tired. 

Non-teachers who go out and are social on Friday nights keep inviting me to join them on Fridays even though I almost always say "no," because they just DON'T. GET. IT.

Here are my questions for the Friday night social butterflies:

Did YOU have to entertain 30 8-year olds for 8 hours today?
Did YOU get attacked by 3 hooligans with Silly String?
Did YOU have to referee a soccer game that ended with a kid in a wheelchair?
Did YOU get to hold and comfort a crying kid who is being bullied?
Did YOU help 30 kids make Mother's Day gifts for their moms?
Did YOU intentionally invite your boss into your [workspace] to watch you work?
Did YOU have a meeting with an unhappy parent?

That was my Friday, in a nutshell.

I'm not complaining; I was born to be a teacher. 
I'm just saying, I'm EXHAUSTED.


Anyways, I'm alive and well today after I went to bed at 9:30 last night. (Grandma status.)





By far, my favorite part of the week was the rocket game that Boosterthon initiated at our school. Each staff member received a bungee rocket and was assigned a "target" to take out. It was a BLAST and absolutely hilarious... until my teammate Amy sustained an injury and the game came to a QUICK end.


Another teammate of mine, Matt, was named teacher of the year of our entire district!!! We spent hours preparing his classroom for the media and school board to come visit for observations. We are so proud of him and so lucky to have him!!! He is seriously an incredible person and teacher.



We had Boosterthon at our school this week. For those of you who aren't familiar, Boosterthon is an incredible fundraising company. It is so much fun for both the kids and adults, and it has been very successful at our school!

The theme this year was Rockin' Town Live, so our team/class names were supposed to be band names. My name was one of the school favorites. :)


My class won one of the contests, so we got to pie a Boosterthon leader! I let my top-fundraising student do the pie-ing, which just so happened to be my principal's son, so that worked out perfectly! 


As another fundraising reward, my kids got to Silly String ME. Ew! It was so wet and gross and afterwards I looked like either I had really bad dandruff or I had baby spit up all over me. 



Happy teacher appreciation week!! Our PTA and admin spoiled us, and I hope that you were spoiled as well. I got some sweet gifts from my students, too! I sure am going to miss them next year!

Chick-fil-A spoiled me, too. :)



I just have to share these precious frog life cycle hats that we made! We used the life cycle sequencing cards from Curriculum Castle. I made a copy for each student. They cut them out, colored, and glued them in order on a sentence strip. Ta da!


Thanks for coming by. Have a perfectly relaxing weekend!

6 comments:

  1. You look like you had a super fun week! I love your "band" name. We just did the same thing a few weeks ago, and ours was nowhere near as cute! I feel you on the Teacher Tired - I've been in bed so early this whole week!

    Have a good weekend! I hope you get some rest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had quite a Friday! I love your questions about what other people have done on their Fridays! I am SO not able to stay up later than 10 on a Friday and that's even pushing it. It looks like you had a great week with Boosterthon and were such a good sport. I hope you get to relax this weekend!

    Jayme
    Teach Talk Inspire

    ReplyDelete
  3. The beginning of your post got me a little misty because I. FEEL. YOU. Hope you have a relaxing Saturday! I, too, believe I am a Charlotte. :)
    Erin
    Very Perry Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teacher Tired...every Friday! I take a two hour nap most Fridays and wake up to my husbands cooking! Then I'm ready to party!! I adore the silly string idea. I'm gonna do it too!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your input!