December 2, 2015

Currently December

It's December, y'all!! Can you even believe it? December is my favorite!

Thanks Farley, as always, for hosting Currently!


My roomie and I are rewatching One Tree Hill. It's truly great. 


I bought this new coffee. I think it's by Archer Farms... I'm all about using Cartwheel coupons at Target! It's called Dark Chocolate Truffle and it is almost as good as a peppermint mocha from Starbucks... almost. 


Thanksgiving break was such a TEASE. This year has been so rough for me. I'm seriously ready for summer winter break! 12 more days.. I think I can, I think I can!


I wish I could celebrate Christmas at school, but I can't this year! I have an incredibly diverse class. Almost half of my students are bilingual. It's truly amazing. Along with all of the diversity comes a variety of world religions.  I just LOVE Christmas, though! This season makes my heart so full!


I have a full day of planning with my team next Wednesday (whoo-hoo!) AND I am actually taking the whole day off on Thursday. Yippee! Next week will be great! Of course, being out calls for sub plans. Writing sub plans (especially for subs that you don't know) is basically the worst thing ever in my book. 


It's fake. Yet we still have needles ALL OVER THE PLACE because our cat seems to like eating the tree better than eating her cat food. #diva

Thanks for coming by! I would love for you to follow along on Bloglovin', Pinterest, and Instagram!

Happy holidays to you and yours.


  1. I hear you, this break can't come soon enough! I'm holding out hope that the 2nd half of the year will be a little easier than the 1st.

  2. Hi Kristin,
    I use to teach with a diverse group of kids and many different beliefs too. I hear ya - 12 more days! We can do it! Also, I have a fake tree too. Testing it out this year for the first time with my 2 year old boxer. I am sure when he gets a chance - he will go after it like your cat. Love your website - super cute!


  3. I'm so ready for the break as well! I hear you about making sub plans! It's easier to come in sick! Have a great holiday!

    Sally from Elementary Matters

  4. I love One Tree Hill! Hopefully you're rewatching from the beginning because those were obviously the best seasons. Oh, and my cats love the fake tree just as much as they'd love a real one. It's a lose-lose when it comes to plants and kitties!

    Paiges of Learning

  5. I ♥ the cat :) Such a fun blog, I immediately hopped over from Currently because of your title. I'm a Charlotte, too!! Target coffee - the super artificially-flavored kind is the BEST! My favorite is White Chocolate Macadamia (it doesn't actually taste like any of those), and right now we're enjoying "Candy Cane." I've never watched One Tree Hill, but need a new series to watch. Thanks! Jen


Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your input!