January 1, 2016

Currently January 2016

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Here's to 2016 being the best, yet!

Thanks Farley, as always, for hosting Currently!



LISTENING

I'm currently enjoying the silence, but during my winter break I have become addicted to the Serial podcast. I heard about it when it first came out a few years ago, but just recently gave it a try. I'm ADDICTED. OBSESSED. It's SO GOOD. 

LOVING

I made my favorite crock pot meal, this cream cheese chicken chili, earlier this week. I have just LOVED snacking on it all week long! It is quick, easy, and delicious. Thank goodness the weather finally cooled down a little bit; Today is definitely chili weather. 


THINKING

I don't even want to acknowledge that we only have a few days left. UGH. I have really enjoyed my time off. This year has been so tough that it's hard to get pumped up about going back!

WANTING

I am wanting to get some more products in my TPT store, but I've had a bit of writer's block lately! Of course writer's block typically comes when I actually have plenty of time to sit down and create - ha! I know that once I get back in the classroom, the ideas will flow and it will be hard to make time to see them through. 

NEEDING

I need to take down Christmas decorations. I don't want to. There's something so cozy about Christmas lights. Sigh. 

ONE LITTLE WORD

As I already mentioned, this school year has been hard. I'm really going to make more of an effort this semester to leave work at work - especially my emotions - and choose joy every day. More on that later!


Thanks for coming by! I would love for you to follow along on Bloglovin', Pinterest, and Instagram!

Happy new year to you and yours!

10 comments:

  1. So happy that you are the post in front of me and that I get to comment on your post! :) I literally just took down my Christmas decorations which makes me a little sad. It's super cozy and I like the lights. I think I'll leave the lights up in my classroom to make that feel more cozy since I took them down at home. I glad to hear that I am not the only experiencing a creativity block. There are things that I need to make but I wait until the last minute and by that time it's just easier to buy. I hope that my ideas will start flowing more regularly once I'm back a work and that I find the time to create.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm... Maybe I will take all of my white lights to my classroom. Good idea!! :)

      Delete
  2. We are BOTH currently listening to Serial! I wanted to ask every military person I saw by Ft. Sam yesterday, "Do you know Bowe B??" but I decided that would be a terrible idea. I want to be Sarah K when I grow up...with straight hair. :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!! I just finished the first season and haven't started the second... yet! I have a decent commute to work so I should be able to catch up within the next week or so.

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year Kristin! Thank you for sharing that cream cheese chili chicken. I have saved the recipe and can't wait for winter or some cooler summer days to try it out! Love trying out new recipes! I hope that you have a wonderful year and that the rest of your school year is filled with "JOY"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been so cold here in Colorado, I took down our Christmas stuff about 3 days ago hoping a change would bring about some warmer weather. It didn't work. I understand that writer's block and hope you find an idea soon. It's so hard when that time to return to school is looming over you. Best wishes for a great 2016.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brittany! Send us Southerners some of that cold weather! :)

      Delete
  5. Oh man...I didn't put up Christmas decorations this year, and it was sad, but I'm so glad I don't have that to do now hahaha!! That chili looks delicious! I'm sorry this year has been so rough! Hang in there...we're on the downhill slide! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I almost didn't put up decorations this year, as we moved just before Christmas. I am so glad we decided to put them up! Keep staying positive when thinking about your school year!! Happy New Year!
    Noelle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your input!