March 21, 2017

Classroom Book Tasting



I was inspired by Hope, Mary, and many others to finally host a classroom BOOK TASTING! 

On Friday afternoons, I usually coteach a STEAM lesson with a coworker. However, during Read Across America week earlier this month, we decided to do a book tasting instead of STEAM. 

I collected a wide variety of books to appeal to students with varied interests. I tried to stay away from series that many of them are already familiar with. 

We set the scene with some cheap tablecloths, battery-powered candles, dim lighting, and Italian music. 













Most of my materials, including the placemats and bookmarks, came from Joanne from Head Over Heels for Teaching

I ended up making my own menu to make it really simple for my second graders. You can download it for free here

Wanting to buy some decor for your book tasting? I spent less than $20 on {reusable} materials for the entire event! Here's what I grabbed from Amazon:

    

Have you tried a book tasting yet? Let me know how it goes!



1 comment:

  1. I ended up making my own menu to make it really simple for my second graders. The sop graduate school will surely help you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your input!